11 May 2010

User of The Week #8: IAmTheCandyman

Interview with IAmTheCandyman

Q: How did you think up your name?
A: Well, I took my middle school nickname “The Candyman” and wanted to turn it into a username when I arrived on Newgrounds, which is where I was before Kong. TheCandyman was taken, so I just made up IAmTheCandyman. In my defense, I was 14. :P


Q: What’s it like being one of the over 80 mods using WhatPulse?
A: It’s nice to know that the ModSquad is doing more than just moderate the chatrooms, but that we’re helping the Kongregate community’s reputation outside of Kongregate.


Q: Do you think there is some kind of correlation or is it just coincidence?
A: That mods are doing WhatPulse? I think that mods are generally chosen because they’re (reasonably) kind and intelligent people, and those sorts of people tend to be interested in participating in studies like that, especially since we’re all so involved in our internet community. So I’d say there’s a correlation between modship and interest in vaguely scholarly pursuits.


Q: Who do you think is your main opposition in the Whatpulse standings?
A: I’d have to say Agent_86, but that’s mostly because he’s the only one who’s really made any sort of move to become any sort of rival. It’s all friendly competition, though!


Q: Why are you awesome?
A: Because IAmTheCandyman. And because the Candyman can.


Q: Apart from you, who do you think is the best Kong WP user?
A: I’d have to say it’s the_squall. He seems to be posting massive jumps in the rankings pretty often!


Q: What is your main WP goal?
A: I’m mostly curious to see how much I actually type, but I’m aiming for the top 25 if I can manage it somehow!


Q: Why and when did you join WP?
A: I joined WP in November 2009, on the suggestion of FappyAlcoholic, though I was having a lot of issues with WP and Win7, so I didn’t really start using it that much until February 2010, when I built my gaming desktop computer, the Bonecrusher.


Q: How many god damn alts has Fappy made to make fun of you?
A: I think he only actually has two; a lot of those are actually mine! Though you’ll never know which…


Q: Any tips?
A: To rule WhatPulse, just keep chatting and gaming and gaming and chatting! That’s how I do it. As for being awesome, be kind. The world is full of too much sadness for those of us with the power to be nice to waste it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment