Whether you want to get more keys, be more efficient on a computer or just like learning, keyboard shortcuts can help you achieve those desires
Combo Keys:Keys that are linked with command keys like control (ctrl) or shift form a lot of shortcuts, which you can utilize.
- Copy (Ctrl + C) Copies what you have highlighted. Useful for copying text, and quick saving a post should an error occur (so you don't have to type it out again)
- Cut (Ctrl + X) Takes the highlighted text out, so you can paste it elsewhere. Useful for moving text and files
- Paste (Ctrl + V) Pastes text that has been copied or cut. Besied copy and cut on a QWERTY keyboard.
- Undo (Ctrl + Z) Reverses the last thing you did. Useful for quickly fixing mistakes in paint
- Redo (Ctrl + Y) If you pressed undo by accident, it will undo your undo easily.
- Select All (Ctrl + A) Selects all of whatever is around the mouse pointer. Useful for selecting and copying a paragraph
- Close Tabs (Ctrl + W) Closes the current tab you are in. Useful for closing pop ups quickly
- Ctrl + A + C = Select and copy a large body of text
- Ctrl + Z + A + C = If you delete text by accident, it will recover it, and save it incase you delete it again
- Ctrl + Click = Open a link in a new tab quickly
Single keys you can press whilst typing that do the same function as a mouse click, but can be done faster
- Enter - When loging in to you account, if you press enter, it will click the login button for you
- Tab - After filling in your account name, if you press tab, you can start typing your password straight away, instead of getting the mouse, and clicking the next box.